Y5-WR imparts good water- repellent effect for leathers and fur skins.
Y5-WR imparts soft and smooth handle to the leather with tight grain, particularly suitable
for fatliquoring shoe upper, garment, and ski glove leather.
Y5-WR has good light-fastness and leveling effect, it is an appropriate choice for white leathers and leathers dyed to pale shades.
Y5-WR when used as a normal fatliquor, can reduce the water absorbency and looseness of the leather.
Y5-WR improves the dyeing and buffing properties when used in suede split leather fatliquoring.
Y5-WR refines pore and imparts soft and light handle when used on pig skin.
Y5-WR can be added after normal fatliquoring and fixation of formic acid as a handling agent to improve the smooth feel and shade of the leather
Y5-WR can be diluted with water at a ratio of 1:5 and sprayed on nubuck and suede split to increase the depth of shade and handle of the leather. Especially suitable for black and other dark colors.
Appearance: Creamy emulsion
Chemical nature: Special hydrocarbon emulsion
pH (10%): 7.5±1.5
Ionic charge: Anionic
Solids content (%): 41%±2
1. Y5-WR can be diluted with 60℃ hot water at a ratio 1:1 before adding into the drum.
The application dosage is about 8~15% depending on the thickness of the leather.
2. In order to obtain good water-repellent effect, the cross section of the leather has to be completely neutralized and pH value should be maintained above 5.
3. 2~3% Y5-WR can be added at the beginning of retanning to enhance the penetration of dyestuffs.
4. Before adding formic acid and chrome or aluminum tanning agent for fixation, run Y5-WR for 60~90 min. to ensure good penetration and distribution.
5. Recommend to add 2~4% Y5-WR in the conventional main fatliquoring to
reduce water absorption and looseness.
6. After formic acid fixation of fatliquor, 1~2% Y5-WR cab be added in order to improve the hand touch for suede split and nubuck leather and increase the color strength of the shade, especially for black and dark colors.
(1) Pig skin garment suede and glove.
Shaved thickness: 0.6~0.8 mm (% is based on the shaved weight)